Effective – October 1, 2022
My Health My Resources (MHMR) Concho Valley is committed to providing charity care to persons who have healthcare needs and are uninsured, underinsured, or otherwise unable to pay, for medically necessary care based on their individual financial situation. The Center strives to ensure that the financial capacity of clients who need quality healthcare services does not prevent them from seeking or receiving care.
Accordingly, this policy:
- Includes eligibility criteria for financial assistance – free and discounted (partial charity care)
- Describes the basis for calculating amounts charged to clients served eligible for financial assistance under this policy
- Describes the method by which clients served may apply for financial assistance
- Describes how the Center will widely publicize the policy to the Community
- Limits the amounts that the Center will charge for eligible services provided to clients qualifying for financial assistance to the amount generally billed (received by) the Center for private and public insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, etc.).
Clients are expected to cooperate with the Center’s procedures for obtaining charity care or other forms of payment or financial assistance, and to contribute to the cost of their care based on their individual ability to pay subject to the rules, regulations, and contractual requirements of the Center’s various funding agencies.
To manage its resources responsibly and to allow the Center to provide the appropriate level of assistance to the greatest number of people in need, the Board of Trustees establishes the following guidelines for the provision of client charity care.
This program does not impact the fee structure provided as party of My Health My Resources (MHMR) Concho Valley’s government programs. The Public Health Provider Charity Care Program provides federal funding for some of the services that clients receive to help My Health My Resources (MHMR) Concho Valley expand and grow with the needs of the communities we serve.
For further questions, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org