The COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach and Education Program’s priority is to reach out to the most vulnerable populations in our community, including those with disabilities, mental illness, homelessness, elderly and those living below poverty level.
Goals of the Program
- Slowing the spread of COVID-19
- Building vaccine confidence and trust
- Protecting our community
- Outreach and education offered to school districts within Tom Green county, clinics, retirement communities, pharmacies, etc.
- Handouts, media presentations
- Radio and TV interviews
- Outreach events providing materials to educate the community about vaccine safety
- Community conversations about vaccine information
- Shannon Primary Care locations
- Tom Green County Health Department
- Mobile Esperanza Clinic in outlying counties providing vaccines
- Pharmacies (click for locations)